Friday, February 15, 2008

Let the spirit move you!

Following in the spirit of leading with a question...

You've heard of body surfing and the wave, but how about a Body Wave? I just signed up for a movement meditation called Body Wave on March 15th in Baltimore. Based on the work of Gabrielle Roth and the 5Rhythms, the Body Wave will be an opportunity for participants to move thier body with attention to the five rhythms of Flowing, Staccato, Chaos, Lyrical and Stillness.

Having never participated in one of these workshops before, I'm not exactly sure what to expect, although the names of the 5Rythms offer a glimpse. What I am looking forward to, though, is the opportunity to move! It's been a long, stiff winter of little or no movement for me. Finally, I'm starting to feel the bubbling up of springtime in my blood. (Obviously, this is easier to do in a climate that allows crocus to bloom in January ~ lucky me!) I'm looking forward to letting loose and moving in connection with Spirit, the Divine, G-d (no "o" in deference to my Jewish friends), or whatever terminology you use to call the spirit that moves inside of you.

The workshop promises the opportunity to "pay attention to our bodies, to the parts where we release and the parts where we resist, where we revolt and where we remove, where we reveal and where we revel." Bring it on! I for one am ready to "move a little further into the mystery."

1 comment:

Lou said...

If the workshop is half as intriguing as their website, you should be in for a great experience. I loved their site.